- Books in the Ismaili Texts and Translations series
- Virtual International Authority File
- Code of Conduct: A Treatise on the Etiquette of the Fatimid Ismaili Mission (Electronic book text)
- VTLS Chameleon iPortal نتائج البحث
The book makes a timely and vital contribution to ethics, peace studies and international relations. Acknowledgements I.
Introduction: The Risala al-mujaza al-kafiya fi adab al-du'at I. Context, author and work I. Transmission of the Risala al-mujaza al-kafiya fi adab al-du'at I. Literary tradition I. Conclusion: Reflections of history and intertextuality I. Structure, contents and style II.
Books in the Ismaili Texts and Translations series
It is unfortunate that while references are provided in most cases for the Aad;ths cited in the Arabic edition of the text, they are not included in the English translation. As for the translation, it is smooth and articulate, showing a greater preference for literary style than literal accuracy.
Virtual International Authority File
This is to be regarded as a positive move taken by the translators given the nature and genre of the text in question. Overall, Verena Klemm and Paul E.
The work would therefore be of particular appeal to anyone interested in the history of Fatimid Shi6ism, as well as to anyone with general interest in Shi6i literature. Wahid M. The present volume, which is also edited by Peter Adamson, is based on the international conference bearing the same title, which took place at the Warburg Institute in London from 14 to 16 February In the Introduction, Peter Adamson explains how this volume represents some of the latest research in the field of Islamic philosophy and how it contributes to our knowledge of some little known or hitherto unknown aspects of this tradition, challenging the view that Islamic philosophy was dealt a serious blow by al-Ghaz:l; or that Averroes was the last Islamic philosopher in the Aristotelian tradition.
- A Code of Conduct : Ahmad ibn Ibrahim Naysaburi, : : Blackwell's!
- Arthur H. Westing: Pioneer on the Environmental Impact of War.
- American theater of the 1960s.
- Quantitative EEG Analysis Methods and Clinical Applications (Engineering in Medicine & Biology)?
Adamson also points out that the volume is devoted to the developments that occurred in this field in the twelfth century across the Islamic world rather than to Averroes himself, who was chosen for the title, according to Adamson, because he is the medieval Islamic philosopher whose name is more likely to be recognized by non-specialists. Related Papers.
Code of Conduct: A Treatise on the Etiquette of the Fatimid Ismaili Mission (Electronic book text)
Historical Dictionary of the Ismailis 1. By mohamed imbaby.
Tauris and the Institute of Ismaili Studies, By Daniel Beben. By Ahmed El Shamsy.
VTLS Chameleon iPortal نتائج البحث
Taylor CV corrected February a. By Richard Taylor.
- Multi-Operating System Networking: Living with UNIX, NetWare, and NT?
- Egypt – Paderborner 'SJ' Blog.
- OCLC Classify -- an Experimental Classification Service.
- Clinical Hypnosis for Pain Control.
- New Contributions to the Philosophy of History (Methodos Series, Volume 6).
Download pdf. Remember me on this computer. Enter the email address you signed up with and we'll email you a reset link. Need an account? Click here to sign up.